SourGroup
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

SourGroup

مدينة صور

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

Tips to Keep Passwords Safe

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Biba
عضو مميز
عضو مميز
Biba

انثى
عدد الرسائل : 134
العمر : 35
Localisation : Don't follow me, I don't know where I'm going!..My only goal is just to be me
تاريخ التسجيل : 19/01/2007

بطاقة الشخصية
sour:
Tips to Keep Passwords Safe Left_bar_bleue0/0Tips to Keep Passwords Safe Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Tips to Keep Passwords Safe Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Tips to Keep Passwords Safe   Tips to Keep Passwords Safe Icon_minitimeالسبت فبراير 24, 2007 1:43 am

1. Make Passwords Strong
A strong password consists of a series of case–sensitive letters and numbers and is at least eight letters long. Microsoft says passwords longer than 14 characters are ideal. Typically the longer the password, the more difficult and time consuming it is to hack.
Don't use anything that can be found in a dictionary. Hackers use a dictionary attack method where a hacker will literally go through the entire dictionary, English and otherwise, trying to guess a password. This method typically takes less than a day to crack.
Another common hacking method is called brute force. Brute force is more time consuming than the dictionary attack, but it’s not impossible. This method basically goes through all the possible combinations of keys on a key board. Ideally the longer the password the more difficult it is to hack.
Weak passwords include addresses, family names, pet names, your high school, Social Security number, 123456, ABCDEF or any combination thereof. Never ever leave the field plain blank. These are sure fire ways to let strangers into your personal information.
2. Don’t Forget
One of the most common mistakes in creating a strong password is forgetting your great new password. Now, not only can hackers not get into your personal information, but neither can you.
The goal of creating passwords with letters, numbers and punctuation is to seem as random as possible. Find something that has meaning only to you. Get creative. A suggestion is to use the first letter of phrases, song lyrics, poetry or make up license plate sayings. For example, “Spoiled Rotten” could be changed to “5Poi1edRa10.”
After creating your password use it immediately and frequently during the course of the day. This will help with memorization.
Don’t use your great new password for everything. Think of a new one for all login accounts. This may seem like a hassle, but this way if one account is hacked or compromised; at least the others are safe.
There is some debate as to printing or writing passwords down. It is argued that if there is a hard copy, then anyone can hack into your system. If you do decide to print a master copy be sure to lock it in a safe, to which only you have the key.
3. Change it up a Little
Change passwords regularly. This means changing them once every month or two. This may seem like a hassle, but there are plenty of people in the world that would love to have access to bank codes and credit card information. Microsoft suggests changing passwords every 30 to 90 days.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
http://www.moghrem.8k.com

Tips to Keep Passwords Safe
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
SourGroup :: منتديات الكمبيوتر والأنترنت :: منتدى البرامج الكاملة والنادرة-
انتقل الى: